Alianza is on a mission to build the world’s best cloud communications platform for service providers. As a product designer at Alianza, you will work closely with Product Mangers to define strategy/product vision through feature definition, prioritization, positioning, naming, Go-To-Market/adoption, and customer interactions. At Alianza, product designers are passionate & tenacious about solving customer problems by working backward from ambiguous customer needs, translating them into disruptive, successful products with a high-quality experience. Product designers lead out on research that is both qualitative and quantitative, share their research with their team and help others acquire the empathy needed to deliver amazing products.
This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, product management, customer success, finance and executive teams to bring products to market and grow the business opportunity for Alianza. A product designer will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a start-up environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high-quality products and applications that customers love. You will help create, track, and investigate metrics that define the success of your products and future opportunities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Speak regularly to customer to understand their behavior and needs.
- Measure and synthesize qualitative and quantitative feedback and share findings back with the team
- Become a voice of reason, empathy and assertion for the customer
- Partner with Product Managers and Development Team Leads to prioritize and manage project work that delivers high customer value
- Illustrate ideas with storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Iterate rapidly on designs while accepting feedback from a variety of sources.
- Take ownership of your work and defend your design decisions to stakeholders.
- Help define our component library
- Identify, define, and promote UX/UI best practices.
- 2+ years of UX/UI design experience.
- Passion for falling in love with the problem.
- Proficiency in design software (Sketch, XD, Figma, etc.).
- Experience in prototyping software (InVision, Principle, Figma, etc.).
- Previous experience in a communications environment is a plus.
- Portfolio demonstrating ability
Pleasant Grove, Utah