Alianza is looking for a full-time Software Architect to work with project managers and developers to envision and model prototypes that meet current and emerging business requirements. The successful candidate will provide architectural recommendations, define best practices, and mentor individual team members.
- Own all architecturally significant requirements, develop prototypes, contribute code, and evaluate technologies.
- Identify epic-level software platform maintenance and technical debt, and define the description, acceptance criteria, and stories needed to complete the epic.
- Test software in local and developer environments against story description and acceptance criteria.
- Review new code with the team to ensure quality of the design, avoid complexity, and advocate for clarity.
- Stay current on emerging designs, methodologies, practices, and technologies.
- Find creative, novel, and effective solutions to system/architectural challenges.
- Compose technical documentation, reports, and diagrams.
- Work with PMO to produce high quality non-functional requirements and schedulesoftware platform maintenance and technical debt in sprints.
- Work with SDET and DevOps to build continuous integration and continuous delivery build pipelines.
- Help teams start new technology initiatives on an as-needed basis.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to senior developers and QA.
- Support developers with quarterly learning opportunities.
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- A technical degree from a reputable university (CS or STEM preferred).
- Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role.
- Extensive understanding of architectural patterns for high availability, scalability, maintainability, testability, and extensibility.
- Expertise in monitoring and metrics practices.
- Deep understanding of several technology stacks and a good understanding of a few others.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.