Alianza is looking for a self-motivated, results-oriented Senior Software Architect to establish and manage the technical architecture of the Alianza Cloud Voice Platform. This person will work closely with other software architects and team leads to understand and identify engineering friction that could be reduced or eliminated with architectural solutions. The ideal candidate will provide best practice architectural decisions and supporting frameworks and provide leadership, technical guidance, and mentorship to software architects and engineers.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other architects.
- Hold regular team meetings and weekly or bi-weekly one-on-one meetings.
- Hold architects accountable for the execution of architecture projects.
- Work with architects to effectively design and implement team initiatives.
- Represent architects in the product prioritization process and disseminate relevant information in a timely manner.
- Facilitate effective communication between teams to keep engineering teams apprised of upcoming architectural projects and objectives.
- Develop prototypes, contribute code, and evaluate technologies.
- Identify epic-level software platform maintenance and technical debt, and define the description, acceptance criteria, and stories needed to complete the epic.
- Test software in local and developer environments against story description and acceptance criteria.
- Review new code with the team to ensure quality of the design, avoid complexity, and advocate for clarity.
- Stay current on emerging designs, methodologies, practices, and technologies.
- Find creative, novel, and effective solutions to system/architectural challenges.
- Compose technical documentation, reports, and diagrams.
- Work with PMO to produce high quality non-functional requirements and schedulesoftware platform maintenance and technical debt in sprints.
- Work with SDET and DevOps to build continuous integration and continuous delivery build pipelines.
- Java 8 (11 preferred)
- Java Time
- Drop Wizard
- SQL/No SQL
- S.O.L.I.D. engineering principles
- Event driven architecture / Event streams