Alianza is on a mission to be the world’s best cloud-based telecommunications platform for service providers. We’re looking for an IT Security Engineer to help us succeed regarding security initiatives, audits & compliance, and infrastructure security & integrity.
- Evaluating and testing security software and tools.
- Perform Cybersecurity Assessments on vendors, systems, and personnel.
- Managing monitoring, reporting and remediation on network and systems for vulnerabilities, breaches and intrusions.
- Responsible for the installation or processing of new security products and procedures.
- Responsible for managing Assisting with developing security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Making recommendations for security enhancements to management as needed.
- Developing strategies to respond and recover from security breaches.
- Lead IT in sponsor audits and responding to security questionnaires.
- Lead IT in monthly departmental security reporting.
- Lead IT in quarterly internal company oversight committees (i.e., Privacy & Security, Quality Management Review, Audit)
- Lead IT in quarterly and annual Access Control Audits.
- Lead IT in annual security and BCP testing of the corporate infrastructure (cyber and physical).
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment to respond to security incidents.
What you bring to the team:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Systems Engineering or related qualification.
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired.
- 3 years of work experience in cybersecurity, incident detection, incident response and forensics.
- Experience with AWS, Firewalls (functionality and security), Linux, Windows, MacOS, Cisco Meraki, Mail Security, Vulnerability and Patch Management Systems, and Endpoint Protection.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and supporting corporate Security Awareness Systems and Programs.
- Security - Thorough knowledge of cloud security and industry best practices and frameworks such as NIST, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI
- Networking - Understanding of network topologies, common networking protocols and services (DNS, DHCP, SMTP).
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Project Management - Experience creating and managing project plans and deliverables. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Industry - Experience in SaaS, Telecom, or in a regulated industry.
- Excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, and IDS/IPS.
- Comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written).
- Experience with developing security related policy and SOPs.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of cybersecurity best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information, network infrastructure, and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement, and update company's information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Participate in sponsor audits and respond to security questionnaires.
- Ability and expertise in creating security reports and providing thorough analysis.
- Ability to perform and document cybersecurity assessments and make recommendations for remediation.
- Research security gaps and/or weaknesses and find ways to counter them.
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Great awareness of cybersecurity trends and hacking techniques.
Pleasant Grove, Utah